What are the requirements for institute graduation?
The following certificates are available to honor students who complete institute of religion courses with credit:
- A Certificate of Course Completion may be earned by students for their completion of each institute course of study.
- 2-Year Certificate of Achievement is awarded to students who have completed eight credits in approved institute courses, including at least four credits in scripture-based courses. Students must earn one of more credits in at least four separate terms.
- A 4-Year Certificate of Achievement is awarded to students who have completed at least fourteen credits in approved institute courses as follows:
- Students must earn one or more credits in at least seven separate terms.
- Four credits in Book of Mormon courses (a student is to study the entire Book of Mormon in earning these credits).
- Four additional credits in scripture based courses.
- Six elective credits
- A Certificate of Advanced Achievement is awarded for each additional eight credits beyond the 4-Year Certificate of Achievement and may be awarded at the same time as, or any time after, the student receives the 4-Year Certificate of Achievement. A maximum of four credits in approved general courses may be applied toward these certificates.